Is this the first time you’re trying to clean oxo coffee grinder? Don’t you have any idea where to start cleaning your coffee grinder? Cleaning oxo coffee grinder is one of the easiest things you can do without experimenting.
After having done a bunch of searches and experiences cleaning different oxo coffee grinders, we’ll provide the right way to clean oxo coffee grinders in different models, stay tune
Cleaning your oxo coffee grinder will help you to run your coffee grinder for a long time, as well as make taste coffee.
A lot of folks think that cleaning oxo coffee grinder is hard but after being done, In this guide, we’ll show you how to clean oxo coffee grinder step by step, follow this guide and select your model and follow the steps on it.
Without further a do let’s jump in!
How to clean oxo coffee grinder step-by-step
- Always unplug your Grinder before cleaning it.
To clean oxo burr coffee grinder:
Step1. Run Grinder
1. Run for 10 seconds with an empty bean hopper to clear beans/grounds from the burrs and grounds chute.
2. Unplug Grinder.
- Always unplug the power cord from the outlet before removing or replacing the hopper.
Step2. Remove hopper
1. Turn the knob inside the hopper counterclockwise until it clicks.
2. The “trap door” feature will keep beans securely inside while the hopper is removed.
Step3. Remove upper burr
1. Clear any coffee beans from between Grinder burrs.
2. To remove the upper burr, lift the metal burr handle and twist counterclockwise, then pull straight up.
Note: Only the upper burr is removable.
Step4. Clean burrs and grounds chute
1. Use a small bristle brush.
- Never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the Grinder/burrs.
Step5. Replace upper burr
1. Align indents in burr with tabs inside lower burr.
2. Turn clockwise until burr clicks into place.
3. To test burr installment, pull the handle straight up. If properly positioned, the burr will stay in place.
Note: If coffee beans have not been emptied from the area around burrs, the burr may not lock into place properly.
Step6. Wipe base and body
1. Clean the Grinder exterior with a soft, damp cloth.
Step7. Replace hopper
1. Align the tabs of the hopper with the notches in the Grinder. Press down gently and turn the knob clockwise until the hopper locks into place.
- Hand wash hopper and grounds container Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Coffee Scoop is Dishwasher Safe
Note: Do not use abrasive pads, harsh chemicals, or spray cleaner chemicals to clean. These may damage the surface of the appliance. Do not put any part of your Grinder in the dishwasher.
How to clear an oxo coffee grinder?
1. Let cool
Let the Grinder cool for at least two minutes after each use.
If the Grinder is used for more than five minutes within 10 minutes, it may become inoperable for 30 minutes. Once the Grinder has cooled down, you may resume use
2. Clear grounds from a chute
If you don’t grind regularly, make sure to clear the ground coffee from the chute before each use. To clear the chute: Run your Grinder for 10 seconds before adding beans. Discard the grounds. You are now ready to grind your fresh beans.
3. Use fresh beans
Old/dry beans will create static which can result in dust sticking to the walls of the Grinder. Do not store beans in the bean hopper for an extended time.
We recommend grinding only coffee in this Grinder.
Never fill the grounds container past the fill line. Excess grounds can block the ground chute and jam the burrs.
How to deep clean oxo coffee grinder?
1. A Brush
This is a great tool for using either daily or even weekly if you’re pressed for time. Doing it daily ensures the grinder doesn’t get laden with oil residue and coffee dust to the point where the grinder no longer works to your satisfaction.
2. A Bowling Ball with Compressed Air
I got this idea from one of my staff who was cleaning her keyboard this way, so I tried it on a coffee grinder. The result was much better than we anticipated.
3. Raw Rice
Grinding rice also helps remove rust and oils that can build up over time in your coffee grinder. Just put 1/4 cup of rice in your blade grinder for about 60 seconds. Once that happens, the oils and rust will cling to the rice.
4. Vacuum Cleaner
If you want to do a truly super cleaning of your coffee grinder, try using a vacuum cleaner; it gives an even deeper clean. This is a very effective method for cleaning an electric grinder.
How often should you clean oxo coffee grinder?
There are two ways to decide when it’s the right time to clean your coffee grinder:
You could set a schedule for cleaning your grinder, which will be determined by how often you use the grinder and how many beans you grind.
Alternatively, you could keep an eye on your grinder’s appearance and look out for a buildup of oils on the grinder’s surfaces.
When you notice this oil buildup, that’s when you’ll want to give your coffee grinder an excellent clean.
While it’s not necessary to clean your entire grinder after every use or even every day, getting into a habit of doing it often is a good idea.
The hopper might need a wipe after every batch of beans you grind.
Our article on how to clean oxo coffee grinder will help to clean your coffee grinder with no difficulty.
A lot of folks think that using good, old-fashioned water is the logical way to clean your coffee grinder. It makes sense, right?
Keeping your coffee equipment clean and in good working order is one of the best ways to consistently get better-tasting coffee when brewing coffee at home. And it doesn’t need to be difficult.
Whatever your motivation is for grinding coffee beans, you’ll have to take care of your grinder, a grinder that isn’t cleaned often enough can lead to a taint in the taste of your coffee, and that’s never a good thing.