Are you finding it difficult or this is the first time you trying to use smeg coffee grinder? And you don’t know where to start or you don’t have any ideas about using the smeg coffee maker? Don’t you know the grind time or grinding suggestions to grind your coffee in the right way? You’re in the right place
After having done a bunch of searches and experiences we’ll provide you with a guide on how to use smeg coffee grinder step by step.
Starting using your smeg isn’t that hard operation if you follow the instruction that we will provide you, after done with this article you will have an idea to use smeg coffee grinder with no difficulty.
This coffee grinder easily grinds whole coffee beans to yield consistent, flavorful coffee grounds for making regular coffee, espresso, cappuccinos, lattes, mochas, and all your other favorite coffee beverages.
Without any delay let’s jump into it!
How To Use Smeg Coffee Grinder Step-By-Step
Before First Use:
- Unpack the appliance carefully and remove all packaging materials and promotional labels.
- Wash all components, except for the motor base and the grinder, with hot water and normal washing-up liquid. Rinse all components thoroughly and dry them before using them
Step1. Knows Quantity of grinding selection knob
The appliance has 8 pre-set functions and a manual function, which can be selected using the knob. Each function corresponds to a predefined quantity of ground coffee.
|1||Grinding for single Espresso|
|2||Grinding for double Espresso|
|4||Grinding for 4 cups|
|6||Grinding for 6 cups|
|8||Grinding for 8 cups|
|10||Grinding for 10 cups|
|12||Grinding for 12 cups|
In relation to the selected quantity, it is advised to adjust the coffee grain by moving the indicator as indicated in the table below:
|Use||Level of Grinding indicator||Functions knob|
|Espresso coffee machine and Moka||Fine||1 – 2|
|Filter coffee machine||MEDIUM||2|
- The Manual function (M) can be used at will with any level of grinding.
1. Insert the plug into the power outlet.
2. Lift the lid and introduce the coffee beans into the container.
Step3. Grinding the coffee into the container
1. Position the powder container on the plate being careful to open the silicon cap.
2. Select the desired level of grinding by positioning the indicator on the gradation desired.
3. Select the desired quantity by rotating the knob and making the red indicator of the ring match with the desired program: from “2” to “12”.
4. Press the START/STOP button to start grinding.
For all pre-set programs, grinding will end automatically, excluding the manual function (M).
5. When grinding has been completed, remove the container from the appliance.
6. To withdraw the ground coffee from the container, open it by turning the lid anti-clockwise and removing it.
Step4. Grinding the coffee into the espresso coffee filter-holder
1. Use the relevant accessory
2. supplied and fix it to facilitate the centering of the filter-holder.
3. Position any filter-holder under the dispensing cone.
4. Select the FINE grinding level.
5. Select the “1 ” or “2 ” program according to the capacity of its filter.
6. Press the START/STOP button to start grinding.
For all pre-set programs, the grinding will end automatically.
7. When grinding has been completed, remove the filter holder.
Step5. Grinding times
The functions envision pre-set supply settings of ground coffee. However, depending on personal taste, the pre-set amount of ground coffee can be increased or decreased, thus customizing the different functions.
Step6. Customize the amount of grinding for espresso coffee
1. Make sure that the grinding indicator is positioned at an adequate grinding level for espresso coffee (FINE).
2. Turn the knob to “1”.
3. Press the START/STOP button to start grinding and hold it down for the desired time; the lock nut flashes during the programming phase.
4. On releasing the button, grinding stops, the lock-nut stops flashing and the new setting is memorized.
Note: By modifying the amount of single espresso coffee ground, the amount of double espresso coffee is also modified automatically
Step7. Customizing the amount of ground coffee for American/French press coffee
1. Make sure that the grinding indicator is positioned at an adequate grinding level for American/French press coffee (MEDIUM/ COARSE).
2. Turn the knob to “2”.
3. Press the START/STOP button to start grinding and hold it down for the desired time; The lock nut flashes during the programming phase.
4. On releasing the button, grinding stops, the lock-nut stops flashing and the new setting is saved.
Step8. Resetting factory values in smeg coffee grinder
To reset the factory values:
1. Turn the knob onto program “12”.
2. Press the START/STOP button and hold it down for 5 seconds. The lock-nut flashes 5 times indicating that all factory-set values have been reset (for Espresso functions and Filter Coffee/French Press functions).
How To Clean Smeg Coffee grinder Step-By-Step?
Step1. Make sure the coffee bean container is empty and then run in manual mode (M) to remove any coffee residue from the grinder.
Note: Before carrying out any cleaning operation, ALWAYS disconnect the plug from the power outlet. Never immerse the motor base in water or other liquids.
Step2. Remove the container by turning it anticlockwise.
Step4. Remove any coffee beans present in the machine using the cleaning brush supplied.
Step5. Lift the handle and turn the upper grinder anti-clockwise to release it and then remove it.
Step6. Clean the upper grinder and the lower grinder and the coffee outlet cavity using a brush with hard bristles or the supplied cleaning brush.
Step7. Re-mount the upper grinder (9a) making the two notches “Down arrow icon ” and “Up arrow icon” correspond and rotating clockwise to fix it “Down arrow icon ” and “Up arrow icon”
How to fix a smeg coffee grinder that does not work?
|Possible causes :||Solution|
|Plug not connected||Connect the plug|
|The coffee bean container is not inserted correctly.||Check that the coffee bean container is correctly inserted into the motor base.|
|The motor thermal protection is activated automatically after 90 seconds of continuous operation.||Wait (approx. 15 minutes) for the thermal protection to reset.|
Why the Led on the knob blinks on the smeg coffee grinder?
|Possible causes :||Solution|
|The coffee beans container is not inserted correctly||Check that the bean container is correctly inserted into the motor base. See the Assembly of Components paragraph to assemble the container.|
Using our guide on how to use smeg coffee grinder will help you to use your coffee grinder in the right way, and make a tasty coffee in the morning, choose your models on the guide and follow it step-by-step, you will find yourself you use smeg coffee grinder easily with no difficulty.
We recommend you to see the measurement char before starting grinding the table above will help to find the best measurement and keep your machine working for a long with no damage.
We recommend also cleaning your machine especially the blade and holder after every use.