Is this the first time you’re trying to use Thermador dishwasher? And don’t you know how to use and load it? Also don’t you know how to use detergent and how to add detergent and rinse aid? And which cycle to select? You’re in the right place.
In this article, we’ll show how to use Thermador dishwasher, and answer all questions you face related to your Thermador dishwasher.
you have a lot on your plate that’s why Thermador dishwasher helps you save time our one-hour wash cycle cleans light loads quickly.
load your dishwasher so everything comes out clean before loading scrape any excess food into your garbage or disposal start with loading the top rack this Thermador dishwasher offers our largest capacity third rack to fit mugs and bowls as well as extra silverware and flat utensils making room for more items in.
How to use Thermador dishwasher step-by-step
Step1. Loading Thermador dishwasher
•Remove large particles of food from the dishes before food has a chance to dry but rinsing is not necessary.
Note: Food soils will actually enhance the detergent’s performance.
• Use the Rinse Only cycle if waiting an extended period of time before washing.
• Pre-soak and hand-scour pots and pans with burned-on or blackened food.
• Do not place foreign objects, such as toothpicks, paper products, plastic bags, or packaging materials, into the dishwasher!
Loading the Bottom Rack
•Place large and/or heavily soiled items in the bottom rack of the dishwasher.
•Load heavily soiled pots and pans face down.
•For larger items, fold down the rear tines on the bottom rack.
When in the down position, they can hold extra-large utensils, such as serving spoons or large knives.
Loading the Silverware Basket
The Thermador dishwasher has a large silverware basket in the bottom rack. An additional upper small silverware basket for use with the Upper Wash feature is also included.
For personal safety and a top-quality clean, place the silverware in the baskets:
• so that they do not nest together.
• place silverware with handles-down, but
• place knives and other potentially dangerous utensils handles-up.
Large Silverware Basket with Lid:
Some models have a large silverware basket with a lid. The lid prevents nesting of silverware,
To use, first fold the basket lids down (snap in place), then load silverware.
General Loading Tips
• Load dishwasher so water can circulate freely and reach every part of the item.
• Do not allow delicate items to touch; they could be damaged.
• Place items upside down so water does not collect inside of them.
• Place items so that nothing protrudes through the bottom of the racks; this could block the rotation of the spray arms.
Step2. Add detergent to the Thermador dishwasher
Selecting the Right Detergent
1. Use only fresh dishwashing detergent (powder is recommended).
2. Use of other types of detergents can result in excessive suds.
3. Concentrated detergents usually call for lower usage than standard detergents.
Filling the Detergent Dispenser
1. Locate the detergent dispenser on the inside door of the dishwasher.
2. Open the detergent dispenser cover by pushing the release tab.
3. Fill dispenser. Measure the amount of detergent to use based on the cycle selected and the water hardness
4. Close dispenser. With fingers on the arrow, slide the cover over the detergent chamber and press down on the arrow until it clicks shut.
The detergent will be dispensed automatically during the wash portion of the cycle.
Note: Too much detergent combined with soft water may cause the etching of glassware.
For the best washing results, it is important to use the correct type and amount of detergent and rinse agent.
Recommended Detergent Usage:
|Water Type||Upper Wash||Heavy Wash||Normal Wash||Light Wash||Rinse Wash|
|Hard||45 ml||45 ml||25-45 ml||25 ml||None|
|Medium||45 ml||25-45 ml||25 ml||15-25 ml||None|
|Soft||25-45 ml||25 ml||15-25 ml||15 ml||None|
Step3. Add Rinse Agent the Thermador dishwasher
A rinse agent or rinse aid is used to provide optimum drying results and diminish water spotting. Always use a rinse agent with the Thermador dishwasher to insure proper drying results. It rinses the dishware and also rinses the internal parts of the dishwasher.
To Fill the Rinse Agent Reservoir:
1. Open the dishwasher door fully.
2. Open the cover of the rinse agent dispenser by pressing the star on the cover with your index finger while pulling on the tab with your thumb.
3. Add rinse agent to the reservoir until the level indicator turns dark, indicating that the reservoir is full (capacity is approx. 3.5 oz.).
Rinse Agent Dispenser Regulator
The rinse agent reservoir of the Thermador dishwasher is provided with a regulator calibrated from 1 to 6. This regulator controls the amount of rinse agent dispensed. The dishwasher leaves the factory preset to 4. However,
• if you see streaks, you should turn the regulator to a lower number.
• if you see water spots, you should turn the regulator to a higher number.
Rinse Agent Indicator Light
An additional rinse aid indicator light is on the control panel. When the rinse agent dispenser is empty, the indicator light will glow and the level indicator will show a silver background with black lines.
After filling the rinse agent dispenser, close the door and wait a few minutes for the indicator light to register.
To adjust Rinse Agent Regulator Setting:
1. Open the cover of the rinse agent dispenser.
2. Turn the setting indicator to the desired setting.
NOTE: Refill rinse agent when the level indicator shows a silver background with black lines.
Step4. Select a Wash Cycle in Thermador dishwasher
The dishwasher will wash and dry the contents based on cycle selection made
Follow these steps to select a cycle and start the dishwasher:
1. Open the dishwasher door.
2. Press the on/off switch.
3. Push the button once for the program desired.
4. Close the door until it latches and the program will begin. 5. At the end of the cycle, the dishwasher will stop and the “Clean” light will become illuminated.
NOTE: All indicator lights will remain illuminated until the on/off switch is pressed or the door is opened.
END OF CYCLE INDICATORS
•Clean light illuminates
•Cycle Completion Beeper sounds off
Thermador dishwasher Cycles and Options
Pots & Pans: Best for cleaning items with baked-on food or grease. These dishes would normally require soaking.
Auto: With our most complex soil sensing capability, this cycle is perfect for use with mixed loads of dishware and varying amounts of food soil. This is the most flexible cycle and is a good choice for everyday use.
Normal: Thoroughly cleans a full load of normally soiled dishes.
Note: The Energy Guide Label was based on this soil sensing cycle with all available options turned off. As prescribed in the energy test procedure, the unit was tested without any Rinse Aid in the Rinse Aid dispenser. A single dose of detergent was used in the Detergent Dispenser, with no detergent used in the prewash. The test was conducted with the upper rack in the highest position.
Quick: Cleans lightly soiled dishes and reduces overall wash time.
Wash Cycle Options
Delay Start: This allows you to delay the start time of your dishwasher up to 24 hours.
Half Load: The Half Load option can reduce energy and water consumption when washing small, lightly soiled loads that fill approximately half of the dishwasher’s capacity.
To activate select the wash cycle, select the Half Load option, and press Start.
PowerBoost®: Combines powerful water pressure with increased water temperature to deliver the ultimate heavy-duty washing performance throughout the dishwasher. PowerBoost is available in the Pots & Pans, Auto, and Normal cycles.
To activate, select the “PowerBoost” button in addition to any of the three cycles listed above.
Extra Dry: Used in combination with a wash cycle, the Extra Dry option raises the temperature and extends the drying time to further enhance drying results.
Note: The dishwasher automatically defaults to Auto when turned off and back on. If you used the Extra Dry option in your last cycle, the dishwasher will default to Auto Wash with the Extra Dry option selected when you turn it on.
How to Interrupting, Changing, or Canceling a Cycle in Thermador dishwasher?
Cycle Interruption: As a safety feature the dishwasher will automatically turn itself off whenever the door is opened.
However, if the door is opened quickly while in a wash or rinse cycle some water may splash out of the dishwasher. For this reason, it is recommended that the machine always be switched off before opening the door.
To Interrupt a Cycle:
1. Press the on/off button to stop operation.
2. Wait at least 10 seconds (or until the water noises stop) before opening the door.
To Resume a Cycle:
1. Push the on/off button and close the door.
To Chang a Cycle:
1. Press the program button of the desired cycle TWICE.
The chosen cycle button (or the light above it) becomes illuminated, showing that it has been selected.
To Cancel a Cycle:
1. Press the cancel drain buttons at the same time and hold for approximately 3 seconds.
2. When the drain pump noises stop and the LED display or clean light indicates that the end of the cycle has been reached, the dishwasher is reset.
3. Press the on/off button to turn the dishwasher off.
4. The dishwasher is now ready to run a selected cycle. Add more detergent if necessary.
Step5. Unload the Thermador Dishwasher
When unloading the dishwasher always unload the lower rack first and then unload the upper rack. This will minimize the chance of water drops from the upper rack falling on the dishes in the lower rack.
The silverware basket(s) of the Thermador dishwasher can be removed for easy unloading. Dishware tends to get hot immediately following a completed cycle.
If the door is opened slightly for a few minutes before unloading, the dishes will cool more quickly.
How to Adjust the Top Rack in Thermador dishwasher?
The top rack height of the Thermador dishwashers is adjustable. There is an upper and lower position for the top rack which is used to accommodate items with different heights.
To Adjust the Top Rack in Thermador dishwasher:
1. Pull out the (empty) top rack to the point where it can be lifted upward.
2. Pull the rack outward and up until rollers are completely free of channels.
3. Reinsert the rack with the other set of rollers on the channel.
How to reset Thermador dishwasher?
To reset a dishwasher:
you need to hold the start button down for three seconds or, failing that, switch your dishwasher off at the main power supply.
If that won’t sort out the glitch, you may have problems with your power, water source, door latch, or internal issues.
To reset the dishwasher control panel:
1. Simply unplug your dishwasher. Wait for one minute, then plug it back in again, to reset the dishwasher control panel.
Why is food left on dishes?
It is possible the dishes do not have adequate clearance between them. Also, be sure nothing is blocking the spray arm and that the filter is clean. Select an intensive cleaning cycle.
Why does the cycle run a long time?
1. Sensors in the dishwasher automatically increase the cycle time to ensure a good wash when heavy soil is detected.
2. Incoming water may not be hot enough and the dishwasher has to heat it.
Why is E: XX (X can be any number) displayed?
This is an error code.
For example, E:22 indicates there is water in the sump because the filter is blocked or needs cleaning. See the Use and Care Manual for a list of error codes.
- How To Get Rid Of Roaches In Dishwasher?
- How Does a Dishwasher Work Step-By-Step
- How To Install Frigidaire Dishwasher Step-By-Step
- How To Clean Bosch Dishwasher Step-By-Step
- How To Clean Samsung Dishwasher Step-By-Step
Do you want your dishes clean till they shine you may follow the steps above and don’t skip cleaning your dishes clearly and run your Thermador dishwasher correctly, the instructions above will help you to use Thermador dishwasher the right way