Are you wondering how to clean Electrolux washing machine? Is your washing machine smell bad? Is your machine making noise? Maybe the problems come from dirt so you may clean your washing machine do you find it difficult to do that you’re in the right place.
If the washing machine is not cleaned for a long time, the bacteria will generally exceed the standard. Especially the interlayer of the inner and outer cylinders is the hardest hit area of bacteria.
We recommend cleaning your Electrolux washing machine once a year.
How To Clean Electrolux Washing Machine Front Load
Step1. Cleaning The Dispenser Drawer
The washing powder and additive dispenser drawer should be cleaned regularly.
1. Remove the drawer by pressing the catch downwards and by pulling it out.
To aid cleaning, the top part of the additive compartment should be removed.
2. Flush it out under a tap to remove any traces of accumulated powder.
Step2. Cleaning The Drawer Recess
Having removed the drawer:
1. use a small brush to clean the recess
ensuring that all washing powder residue is removed from the upper and lower part of the recess
2. Replace the drawer and run the rinsing program without any clothes in the drum.
Step3. Cleaning the pump
Clean the pump if:
- The appliance does not drain the water.
- The drum cannot turn.
- The appliance makes an unusual noise because of the blockage of the drain pump.
- The display shows an alarm code because of the problem with the water drain.
Before start cleaning the pump:
- Disconnect the mains plug from the mains socket.
- Do not remove the filter while the appliance is operating.
- Do not clean the drain pump if the water in the appliance is hot.
- The water must be cold before you clean the drain pump.
To clean the drain pump:
1. Open the drain pump door.
2. Place a suitable water container below the recess of the drain pump to collect the water that flows out.
3. Press the two levers and pull forward the drainage duct to let the water flow out.
When the container is full of water:
4. put the drainage duct back again and empty the container
Do steps 3, 4 again and again until no more water flows out from the drain pump.
5. Push back the drainage duct and turn the filter counter-clockwise to remove it.
6. Remove fluff and objects from the pump (if there are any).
7. Make sure that the impeller of the pump can turn.
8. Clean the filter under the water tap.
9. Put the filter back into the housing with the exposed section facing up.
- Make sure that you correctly tighten the filter to prevent leakages.
10. Close the drain pump door.
Step4. Cleaning The Water Inlet Filter
If your water is very hard or contains traces of lime deposit, the water inlet filter may become clogged. It is, therefore, a good idea to clean it from time to time.
To clean the water inlet filters:
1. Close the water tap.
2. Remove the water inlet hose from the water tap.
3. Clean the filter in the inlet hose with a stiff brush.
4. Remove the inlet hose behind the appliance.
5. Clean the filter in the valve with a stiff brush or a towel.
6. Install the inlet hose again. Make sure that the couplings are tight to prevent leakages.
7. Open the water tap.
Step5. External Cleaning
1. Clean the appliance only with soap and warm water.
2. Fully dry all the surfaces.
- Do not use alcohol, solvents, or chemical products.
Step6. Wash With “Tub Clean” Program
With the use of low-temperature washes, it is possible to get a build-up of residues inside the drum.
Electrolux recommends using the “Tub Clean” program to clean the drum regularly to remove any residue.
To run a maintenance wash:
- The drum should be empty of laundry.
- Select the “Tub Clean” program.
- Press Start/Pause to start the program.
How To Clean Electrolux Washing Machine Top Load
Step1. Cleaning the dispenser
The dispenser needs to be cleaned regularly, preferably after each wash.
Inspect the dispenser after each wash to see if there is any residue of detergent. To do this, proceed as follows:
1. Pull out the dispenser drawer until it stops.
2. Lift the front of the drawer and pull to remove it from the runners.
3. Clean the dispenser drawer with hot water and a brush, eg. an old toothbrush.
4. Dry the drawer.
Before replacing the dispenser in its recess, clean the inside of the recess with an old toothbrush.
5. Put the dispenser back into its runners and close the drawer.
Step2. Cleaning of Lint Filter
Following is the concrete operation method:
1. Press the button and pull out the filter screen.
2. Open the filter screen and wash it with water.
3. Push down the filter screen and insert it into the groove.
Step3. Cleaning Your Washing Machin (inside & outside)
To clean the inside and outside of your washing machine you should:
1. Wipe the surface with mild dishwashing detergent and warm water.
2. Wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid the use of chemical medicines such as detergent and propellant as they damage the surface.
Step4. Cleaning Stains In The Washbowl
Stains and residue in the washbowl can be caused by:
- Metal objects such as bobby pins, dressmaking pins, and nails.
- Body oils and grease from dirty or sweaty clothes are deposited around the top of the washbowl.
- Excessive foam during wash if incorrect or too much detergent is used.
- Check all pockets before loading clothes into your washing machine.
- Don’t leave wet clothing (especially swimwear) in the bowl for too long before you wash it.
How to clean the washbowl:
1. Wipe with a cleaning product that is suitable for stainless steel.
2. Oily deposits can be removed by wiping surfaces with mild dishwashing detergent and warm water.
- Never use bleach cleaners or steel wool to clean the stainless steel washbowl.
How To Clean Electrolux Washing Machine With Vinegar and Baking soda
Two common household ingredients are needed for this project. White vinegar and baking soda to the rescue! The vinegar will disinfect, helping kill mold and mildew.
The acidity of the vinegar will help dissolve soap residue in the washtub and can also help dissolve lime deposits in pipes (if you have hard water).
The baking soda cleans soap scum and deodorizes if you have odors coming from your washer.
To clean your Electrolux washing machine with vinegar and baking soda:
For front load washing machines:
1) Add 2 cups (one full box) of baking soda to the washing machine.
2) Run the longest and hottest cycle possible.
3) Add 2 cups of white vinegar (with 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil) to the washing machine.
4) Run the longest and hottest cycle possible.
For top load washers:
1) Fill your washer with hot water.
2) Add 1 quart (32 oz, or 1 liter) of chlorine bleach to the water.
3) Start the highest, largest capacity cycle and let it run for 15 minutes.
4) After 15 minutes, stop the cycle and let the mixture soak for 1 hour.
5) After 1 hour, restart the cycle and let it finish.
6) Restart steps 1 to 5 but with 1 quart of white vinegar (32 oz, or 1 liter).