Are you wondering how to clean LG dishwasher? Are you find it difficult to clean the parts of LG dishwasher such as filters and arm and interior and exterior of the LG dishwasher? You’re in the right place
In this article, we’ll show you how to clean LG dishwasher step-by-step from a to z and also we’ll show you how to clean it with vinegar and baking soda and bleach so please follow the steps and instructions below till the end.
LG dishwasher system uses Multi-Motion arms that work together for maximum cleaning coverage, while dynamic dry provides ultimate drying performance.
LG’s convenient front control design makes it easier than ever to preview and select the settings you want
it is recommended that you periodically check and care for the spray arms the filters and if necessary the Interior and exterior of your dishwasher regular maintenance can prevent any buildup from occurring in the filters and the drains depending on your usage
Please note that a cloudy film may form on the surface of the stainless steel tubs when using hard water to remove hard water buildup in the tub remove all dishes silverware and the silverware holder from your dishwasher only the racks should remain in your dishwasher.
How To Clean LG Dishwasher Step-By-Step
Step1. Clean the interior
1. Clean the interior of your dishwasher periodically with a soft, damp cloth or sponge to remove food and dirt particles.
2. To remove white spots and odor from inside the dishwasher:
- Run an empty cycle with detergent or run an empty cycle with one cup of white vinegar in a dishwasher-safe glass or bowl placed on the upper rack.
Step2. Clean lower Spray Arm
Before cleaning the spray arms, remove the lower rack from the dishwasher.
1. Check whether the holes of the lower spray arms are blocked.
2. Remove the lower spray arm by pulling it up with two hands.
3. Apply the same cleaning method as the upper spray arm to clean any blocked holes.
4. After cleaning, refit the lower spray arm back into its position by pushing it down firmly.
- Excessive force for removing the lower nozzle may cause damage to the dishwasher or physical injury to hands by hitting the upper rack. So, slowly remove and refit it with two hands at all times.
Step3. Clean upper Spray Arm
1. Pull the upper rack forwards to remove the upper nozzle.
2. Pull the upper rack forwards for easy removal of the upper spray arms.
3. Rotate the ends of spray arms toward both sides.
4. slightly lift the lever and then remove the spray arms by rotating the nut on the spray arms clockwise.
5. Check whether each hole of the spray arms is blocked by food residue, and if required, clean them.
6. Assemble the cleaned spray arms to the upper rack by rotating the locking screw counterclockwise.
7. After assembly, check whether the spray arms rotate freely.
8. If any food residue blocks the spray arm holes, remove it with a pin or any sharp tool. After removing the food residue, clean the spray arms holes in running water.
• If the spray arm holes are blocked by any food residue, dishes may not be cleaned well due to improper water spray.
• It is recommended that the spray arms be cleaned once every two weeks.
Step4. Clean the top spray arm
1. Make sure that the water jet holes are not blocked by food particles.
When cleaning is necessary, use a screwdriver to release the retainer clip from the bracket that holds the top spray arm assembly to the tub.
2. Pull the spray arm out.
3. After cleaning the top spray arm, replace it. Slide it back into place and make sure the retainer clip engages.
Step5. Clean the water Inlet Hose
1. Turn off the water supply. Disconnect the water supply hose from the dishwasher.
2. Remove the filter with a long nose plier.
3. Clean the filter in the supply hose under running water.
4. Reconnect the water supply hose to the tap. (Securely fasten them to prevent water leak)
• If regional water contains a lot of foreign substances (small grains of sand), the water supply flow into the unit may be obstructed as the inlet hose filter may become blocked. To prevent this from occurring, clean it regularly.
How To Clean LG Dishwasher Filter?
For best wash performance, clean the filter after each load. If food debris remains in the filter, it may cause an odor.
Before starting a cycle, make sure that the filter is assembled correctly. If the filter is not assembled correctly, you may experience poor cleaning results.
If you have hard water, cleaning this filter at least once a month is recommended.
To clean LG dishwasher filter:
1. Remove the lower rack first.
2. Remove the other filters in an upward motion.
3. There are three types of filters, inner filter, mesh filter, and STS filter.
4. Clean the filters with a soft brush under running water.
5. Connect the inner filter and the mesh filter.
6. Insert the STS filter into the dishwasher.
7. Fit the assembled filters back into the filter holder, then secure them by turning them clockwise.
- When assembling the STS filter, make sure that the ends are exactly assembled inwards.
- When assembling the inner filter, rotate it so that two arrows meet.
Note: After using the dishwasher, particles of food are filtered by the filters. Any unremoved food residue may cause a bad smell. In addition, drainage may have a problem due to food residue stuck in the filters.
All three filters should be cleaned according to the chart recommendations below. Clean the filters using non-abrasive materials and warm running water. A soft brush may be required to get hard to remove soil.
How often should I clean LG dishwasher filter?
|Number of loads per week||If you wash dishes before loading||If you scrape and rinse dishes before loading||If you only scrape dishes before loading||If you do not scrape or rinse dishes before loading|
|1-3||Every 6 months||Once a year||Four times a year||Once a month|
|4-7||Every 6 months||Once a year||Four times a year||Twice a month (every 15 days)|
|8-12||Every 6 months||Every 6 months||Every 1.5 months||Every week|
|13-14||Every 6 months||Every 6 months||Every 1.5 months||Twice a week|
How to Clean LG dishwasher with vinegar?
1. Make sure your dishwasher is empty.
2. Take a dishwasher-safe bowl/cup and fill with vinegar.
3. Put the cup/bowl on the top rack of the dishwasher.
4. Run the dishwasher for a short cycle on the hottest setting.
- Do not run the drying cycle instead keep the door open to dry
You’ll want to form sure there are not any other dishes within the washer for this step. The vinegar will help wash away any loose grime, also break down water deposits that may have collected on the walls of the dishwasher, on the spinning arm, or on the component.
Removing buildup from the heating coil and spinning arm is imperative to getting your water hot enough and circulating enough to clean your dishes, so repeat this step if you notice excessive water build-up.
Once the cycle finishes, the dishwasher maintenance process is complete and your appliance is prepared to stay your dishes as clean as possible.
How to Clean LG dishwasher with baking soda?
It’s a safe and mild alkali substance that goes a long way in removing persistent residue left by food waste.
1. Sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda along the bottom of your dishwasher and rinse on a hot-water cycle.
2. Repeat this process when you have especially stubborn stains or smells. For extra cleaning punch, create “baking soda bombs” by mixing 2 cups of baking soda with 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide in a bowl until it’s a paste-like consistency.
3. Drop 2–3 spoonfuls onto parchment paper and allow to dry for a few hours.
4. Toss them on the bottom of your dishwasher and run a hot-water cycle in an empty machine.
How to Clean LG dishwasher with Bleach?
While bleach is great for killing germs, mildew, and mold, it can ruin a dishwasher if the inside is made of stainless steel or has any stainless-steel parts on the inside.
If your machine has any stainless-steel parts on the inside, use one of the methods listed above.
If you have determined with 100 percent certainty that your dishwasher is lined with plastic and has plastic parts (this is usually the case with less expensive models), then bleach away.
To Clean LG dishwasher with Bleach:
1. Fill a bowl with about 1/2 cup bleach and run the machine, empty, on the hottest setting.
2. Put the cup on the top rack of the dishwasher.
3. Run the dishwasher for a short cycle on the hottest setting.
- How To Use LG Dishwasher Step-By-Step
- How To Use GE Dishwasher Step-By-Step
- How To Install Maytag Dishwasher Step-By-Step
- How To Use Amana Dishwasher Step-By-Step
- How To Clean GE Dishwasher?
If you looking to keep your LG dishwasher running and keep it to clean your dishes very well you may take care of it and clean it and clean the parts we mentioned above, so save this guide on how to clean LG dishwasher to clean your dishwasher the right way