Are you wondering how to replace water line on LG refrigerator? Is the water line on our refrigerator is damaged and you want to change it and you don’t know how? You’re in the right place where we’ll show you how to replace water line on LG refrigerator step-by-step.
so please follow the steps and instructions below:
Once you’ve bought a new water line package when you open up the package you’re going to get a new water line.
The waterline is located at the back of the refrigerator, the water line runs from the water inlet valve up into the refrigerator the man used to be changing it out to bits cracked or damaged and you’re getting water leaking on the floor.
Tools you will need:
- Phillips screwdriver
- a long flat blade screwdriver
- 1/2 inch opening
- The range electrical tape
- utility knife
Before you start:
to do this repair we will be working near some electrical circuits.
The first thing we’ll need to do is to disconnect power from your refrigerator. You either pull it far enough forward that you can unplug it, locate the electrical panel, turn off the appropriate breaker, or remove the appropriate fuse.
You may also wish to disconnect the inlet power supplier or at least turn it off, and that may require pulling your refrigerator forward as well.
How To Replace Water Line on LG Refrigerator Step-By-Step
Step1. Remove the old water line
1. Remove the water filter
- open up the left refrigerator door.
now the way the door opens you can reach in.
- throw a towel up on the Shelf to catch any water that may come out when the filter is removed
to get the filter out:
- turn the water filter counterclockwise to release it.
Once you have it released.
- pull out the water filter.
2. Remove the water filter cover
You will notice a screw at the topwater filter cover.
- use a Philips screwdriver and take the screw up that holds the housing to the top of the refrigerator.
once you have the screw out there’s a locking tab towards the back.
- pull the water filter cover forward to release it and then you can just set it down.
3. Take the water line off the water valve.
make sure you throw a towel down to catch any water that may come out.
- use a half-inch wrench to take the water line off
once you have the water line disconnected you can just set it out of the way.
with the water line out of the way, we can take the access cover off the back.
4. Remove the back cover.
- use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the back cover to the refrigerator.
once you take all the screws off you can set the access cover aside
anytime you have the excess cover off the refrigerator you want to take the time to clean everything up in there you want to be very careful of all the copper lines especially the smaller ones over by the compressor if you damage any of those you’re going to have to have the refrigerator repaired.
5. Take the water valve off the body
it’s easier to take the water line off all you have to do is use your Phillips screwdriver and take the screw out that
holds it to the frame once you have the screw out you can grab the water valve and spin it out.
6. Disconnect the water line to the water valve
There is a little locking tab that connects the water valve to the waterline
- press these two tabs so it comes out the other side if you have to you can grab it with the needlenose pliers and pull it out it should come out pretty easy once you have that out.
- take a 3/8 inch wrench and press up against this locking collar once you have that pressed up you can pull the water line out of the valve to have the water line disconnected.
You can carefully set the valve down and then go ahead and take the rest of the water line off.
- Use a Philips screwdriver to loosing the clamps that hold water line behind back refrigerator and pull it out.
7. Disconnect the fitting at the blue water line
so all you have to do is press down on the release collar and pull the water line out once you have it out of the way.
8. Remove water line cover on the top back refrigerator.
use your Philips screwdriver to take the screw out so we can take the cover off once you have the screw out you can just release this tab right here and lift it up once you have it off you can set it aside.
another way of everything released from the back you can go around front and disconnect the line from the filter head
- grab the assembly and pull it all the way out to the front of the fridge once you have it pulled to the front of the refrigerator.
9. Detach the water line from the water filter cover
you can see the water line is attached right there and it has one of those locking tabs
- reach in and pull that out and set it aside.
- take a three inch wrench again to press the locking collar in so you can pull the water line out.
once you have the water line disconnected you can pull the assembly out of the refrigerator.
10. Pull out the water line from the refrigerator
once you have the water line disconnected go around back and pull the water line out of the back of the refrigerator.
11. Prepare the new water line
The new water line doesn’t come with the spring so you have to take it off the old one and put it on the new.
one case the tape is old and dried up you may want to have a piece of electrical tape ready to put it onto the new one.
- slide the spring over the new water line and put it about maybe an inch or so below the black line .
- run some tape around it to hold it in place
once you have the spring installed on the new water line you can put it into the refrigerator.
Step2. Install the new water filter.
1. Put the new water line through the back wall the refrigerator.
when you put it through the opening
- make sure you put the water line on the left the larger hole.
- push it into the refrigerator.
Once you have it:
- go inside the refrigerator and hook the water line up to the filter head assembly
- line it up and push the water line in so it bottoms out and you get a good seal
once you have it all the way in:
- grab that locking tab and lock the collar so the water line can’t come out.
- swing the assembly around and push the waterlines out through the back
as you’re guiding it back you want to make sure the Bluewater line goes through its opening.
- hook the assembly up onto the mounting point and push it back so it locks in place.
- Reinstall the water filter cover assembly by use your Philips screwdriver to put the screw in to hold the front.
once you have the assembly secured to the top of the refrigerator
2. Reinstall the water filter
- push the water filter back so it goes all the way in and then turn it to lock it in place.
Once you’ve reinstalled the water and everything in its place close the refrigerator door.
3. Reconnect the blue water line and the cover.
- push it in so it locks down into place.
- make sure it goes all the way down there’s no locking tab on this one then you can put the cover over it.
- hook the top in first and then rotate it down making sure that the blue and white lines go into their little
- openings you can push it down and lock the side tab in.
- use your Philips screwdriver to put the screw in.
4. Reinstall the clamps that you’ve removed
use Philips screwdriver to tighten those clamps ( only the top 2 clamps the other on the bottom don’t tighten them until you connect the water line to the water valve)
5. Connect the water line to the water valve.
- plug the water line in the water valve so it seats all the way and you get a good connection so it doesn’t leak want to make sure it goes all the way up inside the valve till it bottoms out.
once you have it all the way in and secured:
- put the locking clip on it so it doesn’t come out.
once you have the locking clip secured you can rotate the valve over.
- push the water line underneath the water valve the little spring will make sure that you don’t kink it but just becareful you have to kind of make it turn down there and then line up the water valve.
- put the screw in to hold the water valve in place once you have the water valve secure you can grab the water line and run it up through the tabs that hold it to the back of the refrigerator.
Once you have the water line secured underneath the clamps you may have to make a loop to get rid of the excess line run it up the back at a little bit of a zigzag once you have the line in place.
- use your Philips screwdriver to tighten down the screws.
6. Reinstall the back cover
- put the access cover on at the bottom, there’s a couple locking tabs that hook on to the body so make sure that those are in place and once you have that lined up and over the frame
- lift up the access cover and put the screws in.
- use Philips screwdriver to tightening the screws that you’ve removed from the refrigerator back cover.
7. Reconnect the water line.
- Use your half inch wrench to hook up the water line.
- line it up with the valve and tighten it down so you don’t get any leaks.
- Why does my refrigerator leak water?
- How to install refrigerator?
- How to clean refrigerator water filter?
- How to remove Samsung refrigerator doors?
- How to install Built-in Refrigerator?
Your water line now is installed.
- plug the refrigerator back in turn the water back on and make sure it starts to cool.