Are you questioning how to set the temperature on a Samsung refrigerator? To set the temperature on a Samsung fridge is one easiest thing you can do with no knowledge or expert.
With domestic fridges, the problem is that many have poor temperature control. They typically have an upper limit at which they turn on, but then stay on for a time period.
That means that in winter they will cool down more than in summer. You run the risk that it reaches 0°C and things like your lettuce will self-destruct.
Also, keeping the fridge colder will maximize the shelf life of items but at the expense of more power.
If you find that food is going off before the use-by date, it is possibly because your fridge is too warm (or you leave stuff out, or open the door too long). If you find your lettuce is goopy then your fridge is too cold. If you find ice in it, then things are really bad.
What temperature should i set my samsung refrigerator?
- 39 F, 4 C for the refrigerator section. At that temperature, there’s the minimum amount of bacterial growth as that temperature is where water is at its densest. Bacteria actually grow a little better at 1–3C, 33–38F.
- 0F, -18C for the freezer section. That’s the preferred temperature for things like ice cream to keep it from becoming too solid, but also to keep it from becoming too soft.
It will also keep sugar-laden concentrated drinks (i.e. frozen orange juice) from turning into syrup. Works for ice pops and popsicles too.
How to set the temperature on a samsung refrigerator in different models
In this article, we’ll show how how to set the temperature on a Samsung refrigerator in different models such as French door and side-by-side and single door refrigerators.
so please follow the instructions below:
How to set temperature on samsung french door refrigerator
Step1. Set the fridge temperature
1. Press the Fridge button to set the fridge to the desired temperature from the range between 1 °C and 7 °C.
The default set temperature is set at 3 °C and each time you press the Fridge button, the temperature will change in the following order and the temperature indicator will display the desired temperature.
The temperature of the Freezer, Fridge, or Cool Select Room may rise when you open the doors too frequently, or if a large amount of warm or hot food is placed inside, This may cause the digital display to blink.
Once the Freezer and Fridge temperatures return to their normal set temperatures, the blinking will stop, If the blinking continues, you may need to “reset” the Refrigerator.
- Try unplugging the appliance, wait for around 10 minutes, and then plug the power cord back in.
If there is a communication error between the Display and Main Controller, the Display light may blink “PC-Er” with Beep Sound.
Step2. Set the freezer temperature
1. Press the Freezer button to set the freezer to the desired temperature from the range between -15 °C and -23 °C.
The default set temperature is set at -19 °C and each time you press the Freezer button, the temperature will change in the following order and the temperature indicator will display the desired temperature.
The Freezer or Fridge temp indicator will blink when the temperature in the fridge or freezer compartment goes up dramatically.
(Freezer or Fridge temperature indicator will stop blinking when the temperature in the Freezer or Fridge becomes normal.
Step3. Set the power freeze feature
The Power Freeze function substantially speeds up the freezer compressor, causing the freezer to cool down rapidly to the temperature you choose.
- When you touch and hold the Freezer button for 3 seconds, Power Freezer function will be activated.
Power Freeze is useful if you need to quickly freeze an item, make a large quantity of ice, or cool the freezer rapidly if it has warmed dramatically (for example, if the door was left open).
To turn the Power Freeze function of:
- press the Freezer button, and then re-set the Freezer temperature.
Power Freeze turns off automatically after 50 hours to decrease energy consumption.
When you use this function, the energy consumption of the refrigerator will increase.
If you need to freeze large amounts of food, activate the Power Freeze function at least 20 hours before.
How to set temperature on Samsung side-by-side refrigerator
Step1. Set the fridge temperature
The refrigerator temperature can be set between 7ºC (46°F) and 1ºC (34°F) to suit your particular needs.
1. Press the Fridge button repeatedly until the desired temperature is shown in the temperature display.
The temperature control process for the Fridge works just like the Freezer process.
2. Press the Fridge button to set your desired temperature.
After a few seconds, the Fridge will begin tracking towards the newly set temperature, this will be reflected in the digital display.
The temperature of the freezer or the refrigerator may rise from opening the doors too frequently, or if a large amount of warm or hot food is placed on either side, This may cause the digital display to blink.
Once the freezer and refrigerator return to their normal set temperatures the blinking will stop.
If the blinking continues, you may need to “reset” the refrigerator.
- Try unplugging the appliance, wait about 10 minutes and then plug back in.
Step2. Set the freezer temperature
The freezer temperature can be set between -14°C (8°F) and -25ºC (-14°F) to suit your particular needs.
1. Press the Freezer button repeatedly until the desired temperature is shown in the temperature display.
Keep in mind that foods like ice cream may melt at -16ºC (4°F).
The temperature display will move sequentially from -14°C (8°F) and -25ºC (-14°F). When the display reaches -14ºC (8°F), it will begin again at -25ºC (-14°F).
Five seconds after the new temperature is set the display will again show the actual current freezer temperature. However, this number will change as the Freezer adjusts to the new temperature.
The door guards in the freezer of this model are the two-star sections, so the temperature in two-star sections is slightly higher than in another freezer compartment.
How to set temperature on Samsung family hub refrigerator
your Samsung family hub refrigerator makes it easy to change up your fridge’s temperature options
access your refrigerator’s control settings by:
1. tap the fridge manager app on the home screen.
Once you tap the fridge manager app you can see your current fridge and freezer temperatures view the status of your ice maker and water filter.
you can also easily access your fridge settings to adjust the temperature of the fridge or freezer.
2. tap the arrows up or down repeatedly until you reach your desired temperature.
3. tap saves button to save your temperature.
if you need to quickly cool the fridge or rapidly freeze your frozen treats
4. tap power cool or power freeze then tap save.
when you’re finished you can do the same thing to turn them off.
- Power Cool and Power Freeze speeds up the cooling and freezing process at maximum fan speed. The fridge and the freezer keeps running at full speed for several hours, and then returns to the previous temperature.
- To freeze large amounts of food, activate Power Freeze for at least 20 hours before putting food in the freezer.
Using Power Cool or Power Freeze increases power consumption.
- Make sure you turn it off to return to the previous temperature if you do not intend to use it.
How to set temperature on Samsung single door refrigerator
it is important to keep the refrigerator at the correct temperature to keep food safe.
Its temperature control knob is located on the top right corner of the freezer compartment.
1. use the control knob to adjust the temperature in your refrigerator.
2. keep the temperature control knob between one and two to keep food fresh during the winter season.
3. keep temperature control up between 3 and 4 to keep food fresh during the monsoon season.
4. keep the temperature control knob between 5 and 6 during the summer season or when the refrigerator is filled to its maximum capacity, it is the coldest temperature setting on the fridge and keeps your food fresh for a long time.
frequent opening and closing of refrigerator dough allow humid air to enter inside and cause excessive ice buildup so simply defrost your refrigerator.
- press defrost button located on the temperature control knob it will automatically melt ice completely in 2 hours or more.
it is recommended to defrost the refrigerator twice a week.
- How To Level LG Refrigerator?
- How To Replace Water Line On LG Refrigerator?
- How To Clean LG Portable Air Conditioner?
- How To Defrost Samsung Refrigerator?
- How to recharge a fridge r134a?
never use any sharp object to remove ice as it may damage the freezer compartment so use these steps to adjust the temperature in Samsung single door refrigerator.