Are you find it difficult to use Bunn coffee maker? Is this the first time you attempt to use Bunn coffee machine? don’t you know how to brew coffee in Bunn coffee maker? You’re
in the right place.
Bunn home brewers are made to do exactly what Bunn brewers do: produce great-tasting coffee, quickly, simply, and constantly. Cup after flavorful cup, 12 months after 12
months, nothing brews like a Bunn.
Perfect coffee taste is strong without bitterness and is set by three elements: water temperature, the
time ground coffee is exposed to the water, and how much of the coffee is exposed to the water.
The unique spray head design creates the correct amount of turbulence to droop ground coffee and
extract taste evenly and completely.
With most coffee makers, water drips straight through without evenly exposing all coffee granules to the water
The fast 3-minute cycle is the perfect brew cycle time for the most coffee taste without bitterness. Brew cycles that expose ground coffee for more than 6 minutes cause an over-extracted, bitter taste.
The ready-to-brew inner hot water tank retains water at the ideal brewing temperature of roughly 200°F.
In this article, We’ll show you how to use Bunn coffee maker and how to brew coffee on it step-by-step.
How to use Bunn coffee maker step-by-step
Step1. slide the empty brew funnel into the funnel rails
Step2. Fill the carafe with water
• Pour water into the coffeemaker.
• Position the carafe on the warmer plate.
• Close the lid.
• Wait 4 minutes.
It takes 2 full carafes of cold water to fill the internal hot water tank and prepare your coffeemaker for brewing.
Step3. Repeat step 2
Note: Do not plug in the coffeemaker until step 5, or you risk permanently damaging the machine.
Step4. You have filled the tank
• Wait until the water stops flowing into the carafe.
• Then pour out the water from the carafe.
• Reposition the carafe on the warmer plate.
Step5. Plug in coffeemaker
Step6. Turn coffeemaker on
• Press the tank power switch on the side of the base to the ON position
• Wait 15 minutes for the water to heat
• Keep the tank switch on for everyday use (If the machine is not going to be used for 4 or more days, turn it off
How to brew Bunn coffee maker?
Step1. Place a BUNN coffee filter into the brew funnel.
Step2. Scoop ground coffee into the filter.
Step3. Gently shake the brew funnel to level the grounds.
Step4. Slide the brew funnel into the coffeemaker’s funnel rails.
Step5. Fill the carafe with water: 20oz for 4 cups, 50oz for 10 cups.
Step6. Open the coffeemaker’s pour-in lid.
Step7. Pour the water into the coffeemaker.
Step8. Position the carafe on the warmer plate (or on the base for BT Models*)
Step9. Turn on the warmer switch Close the lid.
Step10. Wait 4 minutes for the drip-out to complete.
NOTE: Your BT thermal carafe holds coffee hot for about 2 hours. For best results, preheat the carafe by filling it with hot water, let sit for 30 seconds, then empty before beginning to brew.
How much coffee and water to use in Bunn coffee maker?
How to drain Bunn coffee maker?
water in the coffeemaker should be drained when the coffeemaker is:
• Stored in an unheated location with a chance of freezing
• Not to be used for an extended period
To drain Bunn coffee maker:
1. Flip the tank switch to the OFF position, unplug the coffeemaker and it allows to cool for at least 2 hours.
2. Remove the brew funnel and the spray head, loosening with your fingertips.
3. Grasp the back of the coffeemaker and turn it upside down over a sink.
4. Continue tipping the coffeemaker until the flow from the spray head tube and lid stops.
5. Attach the spray head and insert the brew funnel into the coffeemaker.
6. Return the coffeemaker to the upright position
How to use Bunn thermofresh coffee maker?
1. Slide the empty funnel into the funnel.
2. Fill decanter with cold water.
3. Swivel or lift the brewer lid and pour water into the brewer.
4. Position the decanter on the base below the funnel.
5. Close the lid and wait three minutes while the internal tank partially fills.
6. open the lid.
7. Remove the decanter and fill it with cold water again.
8. Pour water into the brewer.
9. Position decanter on the base under the funnel and close the lid
10. Wait until water flows from the funnel.
11. When water flow stops, pour out any water that has collected in the decanter.
- Replace the decanter on the brewer below the funnel.
12. Now, plug in the brewer.
13. Press the bottom of the vacation switch, located on the side of the brewer, to turn the unit on (Press I to turn on and press O to turn off.) Wait 15 minutes for the water in the tank to heat.
How to brew Bunn thermofresh coffee maker?
1. Insert BUNN coffee filter into the brew funnel.
2. Measure fresh coffee into the filter and shake gently to level the bed of grounds. (We recommend 1-2 heaping Tbsps of drip grind per cup of coffee.
3. Slide the brew funnel into funnel guides and open the lid.
4. Pour in cold water; minimum 4 cups (20 oz), up to maximum 10 cups (50 oz).
- Do not close the lid without the funnel and decanter in place. Closing the lid releases the hot water.
5. Position the decanter in place on the base under the funnel of the brewer. (With BTX, pre-heat carafe with hot water)
6. Turn on the warmer. (not applicable with BTX ThermoFresh brewer)
7. Close the lid to start the flow of water into the tank.
8. When brewing has stopped:
- remove the brew funnel and discard the filter and grounds.
- Do not touch hot grounds.
To pre-heat the thermal carafe:
- fill with hot water for approximately 30 seconds.
- Empty before brewing coffee into a carafe.
How to use Bunn pour-omatic coffee maker?
1. Raise the hinged flip-lid.
2. Slide an empty brew funnel into the brewer under the warmer switch and place an empty decanter on the warmer.
3. Pour two pitchers of water (filled to the 48 oz line) into the screened area on top of the brewer.
4. Wait two minutes between pitchers to allow the water to fill the tank.
5. When the tank is full, some water will flow through the funnel and into the decanter.
6. Close the lid and plug in the brewer.
7. Press the bottom of the vacation switch, located on the lower left side of the brewer, to the “ON” position.
The vacation switch controls power to the tank heater. Initially, you will have to wait approximately fifteen minutes for the water to reach brew temperature.
- Empty any water that has collected in the decanter.
How to brew Bunn pour-omatic coffee maker?
1. Insert a BUNN coffee filter into the brew funnel. (Be sure to use BUNN coffee filters for proper brewing. There is a difference.)
2. Measure coffee into the filter and gently shake to level the bed of grounds.
- Make sure that the spray head is tight.
3. Slide the brew funnel into the brewer under the warmer switch.
4. Snap the decanter cover on the empty decanter and place the decanter on the warmer beneath the brew funnel.
5. Place the lighted warmer switch in the “ON” position.
6. Raise the hinged flip-lid and pour water into the top of the brewer.
The water pitcher, supplied, will yield approximately eight 6 ounce cups of brewed coffee when filled to the 48 oz line.
Your BUNN Pour-Omatic will begin brewing coffee immediately.
7. When brewing has stopped, remove the brew funnel and discard the filter and grounds. Do not touch hot grounds.
How to use bunn coffee maker VP17?
Step1. Insert an empty funnel into the funnel rails.
Step2. Place an empty decanter under the funnel.
Step3. Place the heater switch of the brewer in the “OFF” (lower) position and connect the brewer to the power source.
Step4. Pour three pitchers of tap water into the screened area on top of the brewer.
- Allow approximately two minutes between pitchers for water to flow into the tank.
- While the third pitcher of water is entering the tank, the tank will fill and the excess will flow from the spray head, out of the funnel, and into the dispenser.
Step5. When the flow of water from the funnel stops, place the heater switch of the brewer in the “ON” (upper) position and wait approximately twenty minutes for the water in the tank to heat to the proper temperature.
Some water will drip from the funnel during this time; this is due to expansion and should not occur thereafter.
Step6. Pour one pitcher of tap water into the screened area on top of the brewer.
Step7. After the water has stopped flowing from the funnel, allow the water in the tank to reheat to the proper temperature.
Step8. Empty the decanter.
The brewer is now ready.
How to brew Bunn coffee maker VP17?
1. Insert a BUNN filter into the funnel.
2. Pour the fresh coffee into the filter and level the bed of grounds by gently shaking.
3. Slide the funnel into the funnel rails.
4. Place an empty dispenser beneath the funnel.
5. Pour one pitcher of tap water into the screened area on top of the brewer.
6. When brewing is completed, simply discard the grounds and filter.
Enjoy! your coffee by using the Bunn coffee maker
Should I leave my Bunn coffee maker on all the time?
You can leave it on. It will keep the water hot so you can make coffee any time you want.
I turn mine off because I only use it in the mornings. I have it connected to a timer so it will warm up the water about 1/2 hour before I make my coffee.
Then an hour later, it will shut it off until the next day. Works fine for me.