Are you wondering how to balance a washing machine? is your washing machine shaking when you’re in the cycle process? Is your washing machine making a loud noise?
If you have a washing machine and you are experiencing wet clothes after the final spin, excessive vibration, longer cycle times, or washer pauses, your wash load may be out of balance.
Balancing the washing machine properly prevents excessive noise and vibration, to get the best performance from your washer must be level.
How to balance a washing machine front & top load washing machine
In this article, we’ll show you how to balance a washing machine in different models such as LG and whirlpool and bosh, moreover, in front and top load washing machine so please follow the instructions and steps below:
How to balance front load LG washing machine?
Install the appliance on a solid and level floor surface, preferably in a corner of the room.
• Timber or suspended type flooring may contribute to excessive vibration and unbalance.
If the floor is uneven:
1. turn the adjustable feet as required. (do not insert pieces of wood etc. under the feet)
- Make sure that all four feet are stable and resting on the floor and then check that the appliance is perfectly level. (use a spirit level).
Once the washer is level:
2. tighten the lock nuts up towards the base of the washer. All lock nuts must be tightened.
Step3. Diagonal Check
Diagonal Check When pushing down the edges of the washing machine top plate diagonally, the machine should not move up and down at all (Please, check both directions).
machine rocks when pushing the machine top plate diagonally, adjust the feet again.
- Do not install the machine on a raised platform.
How to balance front load whirlpool washing machine?
Step1. Check levelness of washing machine
1. Remove the cardboard from beneath the washing machine.
2. Place a level on the top edges of the washing machine.
3. Check each side and front. If not level.
4. tip washing machine and adjust feet up or down as shown in Steps 3 and 4, repeating as necessary.
Step2. Rock washing machine to test foot contact
1. Grip washer/dryer from top and rock back and forth
- make sure all four feet are firmly on the floor.
2. Repeat, rocking washing machine from side to side. If washer rocks,
go to Step 3 and adjustable leveling feet.
If all four feet are in firm contact with the floor, go to the “Plug-In washing machine. “
Step3. Adjust leveling feet
If the washing machine is not level:
1. use a 1/2″ (13 mm) open-end or adjustable wrench to turn jam nuts clockwise on feet until they are about 1/2″ (13 mm) from the washer/dryer cabinet.
2. turn the leveling foot clockwise to lower the washing machine or counterclockwise to raise the washer/dryer.
3. Recheck the levelness of the washer/dryer and that all four feet are firmly in contact with the floor.
4. Repeat as needed.
Step4. Tighten leveling feet
When the washing machine is level and all four feet are firmly in contact with the floor.
1. use a 1/2″ (13 mm) open-end or adjustable wrench to turn jam nuts counterclockwise on leveling feet tightly against the washing machine cabinet.
How to balance front load bosch washing machine?
Level the appliance using a spirit level. Incorrect leveling may result in intense noise, vibrations, and “wandering”.
1. Loosen the lock nuts using a wrench, by turning them in a clockwise direction.
2. Check the alignment of the washing machine with a spirit level, and adjust it if necessary. Change the height by turning the appliance feet. All four appliance feet must stand firmly on the ground.
3. Tighten the lock nut against the housing. In doing so, hold the foot tight and do not adjust its height. The lock nuts on all four appliance feet must be screwed tightly against the housing.
How to balance top load whirlpool washing machine?
Step1. check your washer for levelness
1. place the level on top of the washer and check both sides to side and front to back.
if your washer has a curved top
use the seam between the top of the washer and the cabinet to check the levelness.
Step2. Test washer feet contact
Your washer may be level even if all four feet are not in contact with the ground
to verify the feet are touching the ground:
- place hands on opposite sides of the appliance and attempt to rock it.
If your washer rocks then the feet need to be adjusted.
Step3. Leveling legs
1. prop up the front of your washer about 4 inches or 102 millimeters with a woodblock or a similar object that can support the weight
based on your model your washer may have either metal or plastic legs both types adjust differently.
if your model has metal feet.
to adjust metal legs:
- use a 9/16 inch or 14-millimeter open-end or adjustable wrench to loosen the jam nuts
- turn them clockwise on the feet until they are about a half-inch or 13 millimeters from the washer cabinet
- turn the leveling foot clockwise to lower the washer or counterclockwise to raise the washer
when the washer is level:
- use a 9/16 inch or 14-millimeter open-end or adjustable wrench to tighten the jam nuts
- turn them counterclockwise until they are tight against the washer cabinet
if your model has plastic feet
to adjust plastic legs:
- use adjustable pliers to turn the plastic leveling foot counterclockwise to lower the washer or clockwise to raise the washer.
Step4. Verify the adjustment
- verify the adjustments you’ve made.
- rechecked for levelness.
- ensure all feet touch the ground the washer is stable and level
How to balance top load LG washing machine?
Place the machine on a flat and firm which allows proper clearance.
We suggest a minimum clearance of 2cm to the right side and lift sides of the machine for ease of installation.
At the rear, a minimum clearance of 10 cm is suggested.
If the washer is installed on an uneven, weak, or tilted floor causing excessive vibration, spin failure, or “UE” error can happen to it.
It must be placed on a firm and level floor to prevent spin failure.
Step2. Check that the machine is level
1. Open the lid
2. fill the washer with water just below the pulsator level.
if the pulsator is positioned off-center to the water the washer needs to be leveled by adjusting the legs.
if the water is shifted to the front you will need to raise the front legs, when leveled correctly the pulsator should be positioned at the center of the water.
Another way to check that the machine is level:
1. use a level
2. place the level across the side and along the top in your washing machine.
depending on which way the machine is leaning.
to adjust the appropriate leveling leg or legs:
3. turn them clockwise to raise the washer or counterclockwise to lower the washer.
4. use channel lock pliers or raise the corner of the washer that you’re adjusting with a block of wood
with the level on the side and aligned, with the seam, if the bubble in the level is going towards the front of the washer
you’ll need to lower the front legs if you don’t have enough adjustment out of the front legs.
one solution that we found to slightly:
- raise the rear is to remove the rubber foot.
- install fender washers between the foot and the chassis.
please note that this is not approved by the manufacturer with the level on the lid if the bubble is left of center you’ll either need to lower the left leg or raise the right leg
Step3. Leveling the machine
1. Lift the front of the washing machine.
2. Twist the adjustable leg until the washing machine is placed evenly.
3. Installing the Anti-Rat cover (option).
4. Insert the anti-rat cover to be firmly fixed from the back or front of the washing machine and screw it.
If the power is supplied from an extension lead or multi-out, let the power board, position them so that they are not exposed to splashing or ingress of moisture.
How to balance a washing machine drum?
It’s not too often a washer will go unbalanced. When it does, the washer stops and won’t continue the cycle. When this happens,
1. open the lid and rearrange the clothes so all sides have an equal amount of weight around the barrel.
3. Close the lid and the washer should continue. (some models work differently) If this doesn’t solve the problem.
3. repeat the same steps and try again. If you washing a pillow, wash two so the washer doesn’t go unbalanced.
- How To Use GE Washing Machine?
- Why LG Washing Machine Making Noise When Spinning?
- How to use bosch washing machine?
- Why does my washing machine smell like sewer?
- How To Clean Electrolux Washing Machine?
How to fix an unbalanced load washing machine?
out of balance loads can cause your washer to shudder or make noise this can be caused by improperly loading the
washer or tangling and shifting of items during normal operation.
A high-efficiency top load washer can assist in detecting and correcting out-of-balance loads.
out of balance loads occur during spin cycles, when the washer detects an out-of-balance load the estimated time remaining for the cycle stops, and the code “ul” appears
the washer will redistribute the load through a series of fills and basket movements, then restart the spin cycle.
this process can take up to six or seven minutes and will result in a longer cycle time than was originally estimated.
please note since the washer clock stops until the problem is resolved the original clock estimate will remain unchanged during this process.
if the washer stops and the error code “ul” continues with the wash cycle dial flashing
1. open the lid and redistribute the load manually.
2. close the lid and press Start to continue the wash.
to help keep the load balanced try mixing different load items to reduce tangling, however, in the case of sheets wash only sheets together using the sheets cycle.
3. put loose heaps of garments evenly around the basket wall.
4. select the correct cycle for the load being washed the appearance of your washer console may vary