Are you wondering how to remove side-by-side refrigerator doors? is your side-by-side fridge won’t pass through a narrow place? You may remove the doors to pass through that place, Is your door damaged, and do you want to remove it?
If it is necessary to move the refrigerator through narrow doorways, If your entrance won’t allow the refrigerator to pass easily through it, you can remove the doors.
To remove side-by-side refrigerator doors is one of the easiest operations you can do with yourself without calling a professional which costs you extra money.
But before starting remove the doors Disconnect the power cord, house fuse, or circuit breaker.
Tools you will need:
- Philips head
- Socket wrench set or adjustable wrench
- 3/8” head wrench
How to remove side-by-side refrigerator doors in different models
in this article & guide we’ll show you how to remove side-by-side refrigerator doors in different models such as Samsung, LG, whirlpool, frigidaire refrigerators, so please follow these steps and instructions below.
How to remove samsung side-by-side refrigerator doors
Step1.Removing the Front Leg Cover
First, open both the freezer and refrigerator doors, and then take off the front leg cover by turning the three screws counter-clockwise.
Step2. Separating the Water Supply Line from the Refrigerator
1. Remove the water line by pressing the coupler and pulling the waterline away.
Step3. Removing the freezer door
A few things to mention first.
• Make sure that you lift the door straight up so the hinges are not bent or broken.
• Be careful not to pinch the water tubing and wire harness on the door.
• Place doors on a protected surface to prevent scratching or damage.
- With the Freezer door closed, remove the upper hinge cover using a screwdriver, and then disconnect the wires by gently pulling them apart.
2. Remove hinge screws and the ground screw by turning counterclockwise, and take off the upper hinge.
Be careful that the door may fall on you as you are removing it.
3. remove the door from the lower hinge by carefully lifting the door straight up.
Note: Be careful not to pinch the water tubing and wire harness on the door.
Step4. Removing the Fridge Door
1. With the door closed, remove the upper hinge cover using a screwdriver.
2. Remove hinge screws and the ground screw by turning counterclockwise, and take off the upper hinge Be careful that the door may fall on you as you are removing it.
3. Remove the door from the lower hinge by lifting the door straight up.
How to remove LG side by side refrigerator doors
Step1. Remove the freezer door
1. hold the retainer with one hand and unplug the hose with the other hand.
2. use a screwdriver and remove 3 screws on the top hinge cover.
3. gently pull out the hinge cover slowly and unplug the connector on the right side by pressing on it.
4. unplug the 2 connectors on the left by pressing on them.
5. use your screwdriver and remove the screw that holds the ground wire.
6. Double-check that the hose is loose on the backside and tack out the water hose from the top.
7. pull out the hinge cover and wires and put them aside.
8. turn and remove the hinge locker.
9. lift the hinge from the wiring side.
10. move the hinge upwards and take it off where the plastic parts start.
11. gently lift up the door and take it off.
Note: Place the door on a soft surface for example a towel.
Step2. Remove the fridge door
1. turn and remove the hinge locker.
2. Lift u the hinge and take out the wiring.
3. gently lift up the door and take it off.
How to remove Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator doors
Note: Before you begin, turn Freezer and Fresh Food controls to “O” and remove the electrical power cord from the wall outlet. Remove any food from door shelves.
1. Disconnect electrical supply.
2. Open both doors, then remove the toe grille.
3. Close doors.
Step1. Remove Refrigerator Door:
1. Remove top hinge cover screw on refrigerator door and remove the cover.
2. Trace around the hinge with a soft lead pencil. This will make it easier to realign doors when they are replaced.
3. Remove top hinge and lift refrigerator door off bottom hinge pin. Set door aside.
4. Remove the bottom hinge, if necessary. 5. Reverse this procedure to reinstall the refrigerator door
Step2. Remove Freezer Door:
1. Disconnect water line coming from the lower hinge of freezer door at connection located under the front of the freezer: Press outer ring against the face of fitting, then pull to remove the tube.
2. Remove the top hinge cover screw on the freezer door and remove the cover.
3. Disconnect wiring harness connector plug at top hinge: place your thumbs on flat sides of each connector and bend both parts back and forth, then with a firm grasp, pull both pieces apart.
4. Trace around the hinge with a soft lead pencil. This will make it easier to realign doors when they are replaced.
5. Remove the top hinge, allowing the wiring harness to pull through the hinge and lift the freezer door off of the bottom hinge pin. Lay the door down flat to avoid kinking water line.
6. Remove the bottom hinge, if necessary.
7. Reverse this procedure to reinstall the freezer door.
How to remove whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator doors
1. Unplug the refrigerator or disconnect power.
2. Open both doors to 90°.
3. Remove the base grille by removing the two screws, then pulling them out on the outside corners.
NOTE: The doors must only be opened to 90°. If they are opened all the way, the base grille will not come off.
IMPORTANT: The Smart Grid antenna housing is mounted on the metal frame behind the base grille. Do not remove, open, crush, pull, kick or step on the antenna housing. Doing so can damage the antenna.
4. Disconnect the water tubing, located behind the base grille on the freezer door side. The dispenser tubing runs through the door hinge and must be disconnected in order to remove the door.
■ Style 1: Press the colored outer ring against the face of fitting and pull the water tubing free.
NOTE: Keep the water tubing connector attached to the tube that runs underneath the freezer. The door cannot be removed if the connector is still attached to the tube that runs through the door hinge.
■ Style 2: Firmly pull on the clasp to release the tube, then pull the water tubing free.
NOTE: Keep the clasp attached to the tube that runs underneath the freezer.
4. Disconnect the wiring, located behind the base grille on the freezer door side.
■ Remove the P-clamp using a ¹⁄₄” hex-head socket wrench.
■ Remove the small wiring bundle from the P-clamp.
■ Remove the wiring clip using a ¹⁄₄” hex-head socket wrench.
■ Pull the electrical housing out from under the refrigerator.
■ Disconnect the wiring plugs from the housing.
■ Gently pull the large wiring bundle (with two white plugs) through the routing plate.
5. Close both doors and keep them closed until you are ready to lift them free from the cabinet
6. Use a ³⁄₁₆” hex key to remove the top left hinge screws.
7. Lift freezer door straight up off bottom hinge. The water tubing and wiring remain attached to the freezer door and pull through the bottom left hinge.
NOTE: This may require two people – one to lift the door and another to feed the water tubing and wiring through the hinge.
Be sure the hole in the hinge is clear of obstructions, then gently pull one water tube through the hinge. (Avoid kinking the tube.)
Next, gently pull the other water tube through the hinge, again avoiding kinks.
Finally, gently pull the wiring bundle (including the grommet and wiring plugs) through the hinge
IMPORTANT: Rest the door on its side on a soft, clean surface, such as a towel, blanket, or piece of cardboard. This will help avoid damaging the door, water tubing, and wiring.
8. Use a ³⁄₁₆” hex key to remove the top right hinge screws.
9. Lift the refrigerator door straight up off the bottom hinge.
10. It may not be necessary to remove the bottom hinges to move the refrigerator through a doorway. Both bottom hinges have similar construction.
- How To Set The Temperature On A Samsung Refrigerator
- How to install Built-in Refrigerator?
- How To Clean LG Portable Air Conditioner?
- How To Level LG Refrigerator?
- How to set frigidaire refrigerator temperature?
■ If necessary, use an internal star drive or a ³⁄₈” hex-head socket wrench to remove the bottom hinges.
The leveler brackets are mounted behind the hinges. If you remove the hinges, make sure that the leveler brackets are replaced when reinstalling the hinges.